Thursday, January 5, 2017

I Wished for a White Christmas

























I have always dreamed of a white Christmas, that is, with that scenery of white snowy streets or with that dawn, where you peer out the window and is snowing outside. I'm not sure why, I always found this the perfect Christmas scene, even though I live in a country where it is practically unthinkable. Perhaps the reason is in the peace that the white blanket of snow conveys to me, but I do not know
Three years ago when I spent Christmas in Paris, I still had hope of being entitled to a little snow, but nothing.
Anyway, but as the old Portuguese saying goes "if Maomé does not go to the mountain, the mountain goes to Maomé". And so it was, this year Christmas day was a family outing, up to the Serra da Estrela and with entitled to snow. In this way, I finally concretized this little dream of a White Christmas and I can say that it was undoubtedly the best of recent times. It was a wonderful family time, full of joy, fun, play and affection. A Christmas in a different and perfect setting...
In these photos I show you a little of what was this day and also a little bit of one of the many beautiful little corners that Portugal has. Serra da Estrela is undoubtedly the owner of a rare beauty. 

How was your Christmas?  
 
Sempre sonhei com um Natal branco, isto é, com aquele cenário de ruas branquinhas cobertas de neve ou com aquele amanhecer, em que se espreita pela janela e lá fora cai neve. Não sei bem porquê, sempre achei este o cenário natalício perfeito, apesar de viver num país onde ele é praticamente impensável. Talvez a razão esteja na paz que o manto branco de neve me transmite, mas não sei…
Há 3 anos quando passei o Natal em Paris, ainda tive esperança de ter direito a um bocadinho de neve, mas nada.Enfim, mas como diz o velho ditado “se Maomé não vai à montanha, vai a montanha a Maomé”. E assim foi, este ano o dia de Natal foi de passeio em família, até à Serra da Estrela e com direito a neve. Desta forma, concretizei finalmente esta espécie de sonho de um Natal em tons de Branco e posso dizer que foi sem dúvida dos melhores natais dos últimos tempos. Foi um tempo em família maravilhoso, cheio de alegria, diversão, brincadeiras e carinho. Um Natal num cenário diferente e perfeito…
Nestas fotos mostro-vos um bocadinho do que foi este dia e também um bocadinho de um dos muitos cantinhos lindos que Portugal tem. A Serra da Estrela é sem dúvida dona de uma beleza rara.

E o vosso Natal como foi?

 Rita


1 comment: